Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Silent Rebellion: A Bird Feeder’s Strategy

 

 For years, I’ve fed the wild birds from my third-floor windowsill, delighting my cat and keeping the birds well-fed. Then a neighbor, convinced I was attracting rats, confronted me on my way to the bus stop. His sudden obsession with my routine left me stunned and speechless. For weeks, he followed me, trying to stop my harmless habit. I later learned he was new at the business across the street, and his complaint stemmed from breadcrumbs littering the sidewalk. Rather than arguing, I found a clever solution: I crushed the bread into tiny crumbs, perfect for the birds but invisible on the pavement. In the end, I fought back quietly—not with words, but with a little ingenuity. 


Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Beautiful Bay

  I remember the first morning I met Long Beach Bay in Noyac, Long Island. My family and I had entered a Nature Walk area and chose a trail ...